It’s finally that time of the year! Time to go on a summer holiday at long last! If your destination of choice is somewhere warm and not too far from home, then the Florida Panhandle is the perfect place for a summer adventure. In fact, you’re in for a real treat if you visit the Florida Panhandle in June!
The weather in the Florida Panhandle in June
The Summer heat starts to set in by the time June rolls around so staying in the Florida Panhandle in June can be hot, hot, hot! The average temperature in June is 80°F, which while hot is still not so sweltering that you can’t poke your nose outside. Days can get up to 89°F during the month of June so you’re in for pretty toasty beach weather. And of course the point of heading to the Panhandle in the Summer is to spend time at the beach!
Rainfall-wise, there are around 12 days of rainfall in June, making it one of the wettest months of the year. For those who hate humid weather do be warned…humidity levels are on average at around 76% in June so it does start getting muggier. On the plus side, there are on average just over 10 hours of sunshine a day, so no end to all the summer fun to be had!
How busy is the Florida Panhandle in June?
The Florida Panhandle does start getting busy in June as this is the start of the peak season. Tourists from all over the USA and Canada head to the Panhandle for their summer vacation. As a result of this, expect tours and hotels to be fuller than normal so it is advisable to make bookings in advance.
Things to do in the Florida Panhandle in June
One of the biggest draw cards to visiting the Florida Panhandle in June is the prime beach weather. The long, sunny days, warm water and balmy weather makes for perfect days spent on the beach or out on the water. Besides the beach, water sports and hiking, there is also a lot of other fun stuff to add to your itinerary in June.
- Mermaid Paddle – if you have young kids then this is one for you! Paddle in a clear kayak in the Pensacola bay and queue the squeals of delight as Sabina the mermaid swims alongside you! As one can imagine, the little ones do go wild over this one, particularly if they’re The Little Mermaid
- Hot Rod Power Tour – the Hot Rod Power Tour, one of the largest traveling car shows in the world, comes to Pensacola in June with an exciting lineup of cars, trucks, and entertainment. You can enter your vehicle into the road show with a variety of ticket options or if you’d prefer to just watch, you can purchase a free admission ticket.
- Wine and Wellness Yoga – combine your love of wine, yoga and wellness into one exciting event. The Pensacola Wine and Wellness yoga event starts off with an invigorating yoga session followed by lunch and wine, because wine is good for your health!
- Navarre Beach Garden Clubs Annual Flower Show – do you love flowers? Then be sure to visit the Navarre Beach Flower Show to browse all the spectacular floral designs and exhibits created by the local gardening club.
- Music on Main – head to Downtown DeFuniak Springs on the second Friday of every month for a musical showcase by both regional and local musicians. To help you enjoy the event even more there are adult beverages on sale and a variety of food trucks in the area.
- Stories by the Sea – visiting the quaint town of Seaside with kids in tow? Head to the Seaside Amphitheater on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons for an interactive and entertaining storytelling adventure, presented by the REP Theater. Actors will bring the storybook characters to life and delight audiences both young and old.
- Pepsi Gulf Coast Jam – if you love country music and southern-inspired rock, then don’t miss out on the Pepsi Gulf Coast Jam in Panama City Beach during the first week of June. Jam to some of the best country music Florida has to offer with food and drink vendors to keep you fueled up. Keep in mind this is a cashless event so be sure to bring along a card.
- Summer Slam Fishing Tournament – this exciting fishing tournament focuses on great amberjack, red snapper and gag grouper. There are also junior and ladies divisions, opening up the summer fishing fun to the whole family.
- Fireworks and Fighter Plane Displays – every Thursday night, if you head to the Destin Harbor, you can watch a spectacular fireworks display and see WWII era fighter jets cruise overhead, honoring America’s fallen heroes.
Should I visit the Florida Panhandle in June?
The Florida Panhandle in June is a hot and sunny time of the year to visit, perfect to kick off your summer vacation. It can get pretty humid and be wetter than Spring, with a fair amount of rainfall to be expected. However, the long days of sunshine more than make up for the humidity and are perfect for spending plenty of time in the water or your hotel’s pool. The Florida Panhandle has lots to offer solo travelers, groups, couples and families in terms of things to do, so you’re unlikely to ever get bored during your trip.